I’ve been backpacking for over 30 years now and walked half of the Pennine Way when I was just 15 years old. I have since walked many of England’s long distance trails as well as hiked in Europe over the years, but have done little backpacking in Scotland. I am now looking for more challenging
My Recent Thoughts
- Cape Wrath Trail 2019: Initial thoughts – Trepidation? Why?
- Camping: To Pee or Not to Pee….
- Why I’m back(pack)ing the Cape Wrath Trail.
- Backpacking: Does it weigh heavily on your mind as well as your back?
- Loneliness and the Joy of Solitude: Thoughts of a Solo Backpacker.
My Recent Solo Trips
- Snow, Winds and Tightrope Walking in the #YorkshireDales
- Standedge to Mankinholes: Day 3 of my 50th Anniversary #PennineWay hike
- Torside to Standedge: Day 2 of my 50th anniversary #pennineway hike
- Edale to Torside: Day 1 of my 50th anniversary #pennineway hike
- My First Solo Camp Aged 14 And Still Hiking My Own Hike.